Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 20, 2011

LBR & Gary - look out eventers:-)


Mani & Me




We loaded up and headed to Pine Hills Equestrian Center this morning. Gary headed over with the neighbor to load her horse up on her three (3) horse trailer and I headed to the stables to feed the boys around 6:30 a.m.

It was a bit of a sad morning as one of our friends showed up around 7:00 a.m. and shortly after that the vet showed up pulling the 'BAD' trailer. Her horse had foundered last month and was going down hill fast. She made the difficult decision to have him put down.

We went ahead with our planned trip and ride after the trainer spent some time with her. I was fine with it all until our neighbor said "It's so sad to see, but I think I'd be upset if I had ever ridden him". BOO HOO, I got all teary because I had ridden. He was a super calm, been there done that horse and when I needed a confidence boost early in my re-riding, I took lessons on Shiloh. I will miss that calm little paint horse.

I dried the tears, helped load LBR & Mani and we headed out. It's about a 2 hour drive to the facility.

We had an absolute BLAST...LBR and Gary are doing so well together and Mani is the perfect confidence builder for me. We both did several jumps, cantered in the field and Mani even went into the water hazard. After a 2 hour ride, we rinsed the horses, put them in their stalls and enjoyed a nice lunch.

We loaded back up, uloaded at the stables and got back home around 4:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment